Saturday, May 16, 2009

T-Shirt Rant

On my way out to Target (where I bought much better t-shirts than what Old Navy sells anymore).

T-Shirt - Old Navy
Jeans - Old Navy
Flip-Flops - Old Navy
Purse - Dooney & Bourke


Can I complain about Old Navy for a minute? I have a couple drawers filled with their basic short- and long-sleeved t-shirts. I pick up a few new ones every year, as old ones get retired and they come out with new colors. The original shirts I started buying several years ago were excellent. They were long enough, a good weight, and fit really nicely, with the right amount of stretch to them, etc. This year's shirts, both long- and short-sleeved, have been terrible. They are very thin fabric, the sleeves (on the short-sleeved ones) are much shorter, and the necklines are so low they are almost unfit to wear in public. Case in point: today's outfit. This shirt really needs something under it, and if I wear it again there will be a camisole under there. Of course, the last thing I want to do in the summer is add another layer, so these might be retired until the early fall.

No comments: